Sunday, December 2, 2012

foiled again

First trimester finishes this week and I have yet to post 
any of the mixed media we have made...
sigh.
Such is life, 
but I really can't complain as I have been making and selling much of my own art.
Yippee...
So I am going to try and catch up this week with a trek through mixed media
with my kiddos.
The first project was drawing on foil.
 Let me introduce you to this cute tiger above made by a charming Kindergartener.
First we rolled black printing ink onto aluminum foil.
Then the foil was placed ink side down over white construction paper.
 Then a tiger design was drawn with a pencil
and  the back of a small hand rubbed all over the paper for texture.
This hamster was made with the same process and love.
We added oil pastel and watercolor actually - 
just went for it with lots of layers for fun.
Aren't they cute?
Kindergarteners are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment