Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I wish each of you a wonderful New Year's Day
and a blessed year to follow...
the sun is casting its rays through the window and warming my soul,
the final wisteria leaves are fluttering to the ground,
I hear the clatter of kitchen bustling
 as my husband is patiently attempting to bake Red Velvet Macarons
with cream cheese filling,
and Zoe is barking to come in for the umpteenth time.
She has gone in and out,
 in and out,
as the sun is just so enticing.
Life is good amidst the struggles, disappointments and pain.
These two arrived in the mail Monday 
and are heading to my great niece for a late Christmas present.
Aren't they adorable?

I will leave you with this thought...
This is the beginning of a new day.
You have been given this day to use as you will.
You can waste it or use it for good.
What you do today is important because
you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
When tomorrow comes,
this day will be gone forever;
in its place is something that you left behind...
let it be something good.
anon

No comments:

Post a Comment