Friday, January 6, 2012

I really must focus...

 I don't seem to be able to let go of Christmas...
 maybe it's because most of my favorite people left ;(.
the laughter is gone...
must take the decorations down and pack them away,
and the guest cot will go and
 art will return
(can't wait to work on this one),
 and I received some precious gifts 
such as these mouse pads from my son-
one with my favorite fur ball and the other -
one of my son's pieces of art,
and another piece of art from the other Holderman artist.
How lucky am I? 
 We enjoyed good food,
 playing tourist at Pikes Market,
 ferry rides
in the rain of course,
 
and we waved to our niece as she sailed the other direction.
 Then we enjoyed Roy St. Tea and Coffee
(which is an incognito Starbucks -
you would never know it 
- the best lattes ever!)
 and we made new friends
(he lives in the pond at my sister-in-law's on a golf course),
and I bought these words of wisdom cards
to inspire me each day.
My favorite says...
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
And how will I do this?
Henceforth will I look on all things
with love and be born again.
I will love the sun for it warms my bones;
yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
I will love the light for it shows me the way;
yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.
I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart;
yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.
I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due;
yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.
Og Mandino

My mom would have loved this poem.  She died a year ago on January fourth and I have been dreading this anniversary, but I am grateful that I made it through the day with joy in remembrances and I do seem to be crawling out of the deep place of grief.  My dad was able to join us for Christmas which was a huge blessing as he was not able to travel for many years because of my mom's health.  So I am hopeful for the new year and all of its blessings.  I am going to try so hard to see the beauty in little moments of perfection and not to be so hard on myself.  Sound good?  I wish each of you a wonderful and blessed 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I had to leave some twinkling lights up bc i LOVE Christmas decorations:O)Lovely pictures:O) Sending hugs and wishes for a Great New Year:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that poem is so beautiful. don't be hard on yourself, this new year will be beautiful. we had so much fun with you all in Seattle this year. it was such a blessing. love you!

    ReplyDelete