Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Willy Wonka and Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room

I had heard the hype.
And I have to agree...
It was over the top and
nothing to compare it to, 
other than I expected Willy Wonka and Howard Shultz
 to step out from behind the copper roaster 
singing,
Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three.
Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination.
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination.
We'll begin With a spin
Traveling in the world of my creation.
What we'll see will defy explanation.
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it...
Yep that about sums it up our experience at 
I was completely sucked in and felt like I was visiting another planet
and I never wanted to return to earth.
Oh my one could come here in the morning 
for espresso and stay for some Serious Pie 
at the attached Tom Douglas restaurant. 
What's not to like?
Don't miss the coed bathrooms with a view of the roasting room while you wash your hands,
or the gift store with $150 barista aprons and bags that really were that awesome,
or the dog bowl outside that will make your dog feel like he is at Disneyland
(except the water was frozen - come on Starbucks couldn't you have sprung for a heated bowl :)
I really do need to go here often just to remember how wonderful imaginations can be.
It's less money than a trip to Disneyland - by a little.
 The copper roaster even has holes poked in it that allow the sunlight 
to reflect a map of the world on the floor.
Hmm wonder when that happens?
It was a seriously delicious cappuccino that went down 
with a Tom Douglas croissant
much too quickly :(
I may have to return tomorrow :) because...

What we'll see will defy explanation.
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it...

No comments:

Post a Comment