Monday, September 6, 2010

mountains, gnomes and dreamin' of France...

Saturday began the fun -
Doug and Nick left for a big all day hike and...
I said, "goodbye, be careful and I will miss you"...
but inside I was saying, 
"yahoo, au revoir, can you hurry it along - things to do ya know".
and of course it involved gnomes,
lots of gnomes...
in the form of bookmarks...
and sweet little Moleskine notebooks with bead bookmarks
for 'thinking' and 'doing'...
and 3 different gnome cards for giving...
so 11 hours and 37 cards and notebook creations later
I guess you could say I found my 'doing' cap...
my boys returned home and we each had the perfect day.
Now I need another perfect day to get them photographed and listed on Etsy.
The next day we took Nick out for a promised brunch at Cafe Campagne in Seattle
so we could relive his Parisian experience.
We parked and walked by this wall...
and this one too with mixed media...
and we pretended we were in France -
well I did... mais oui!
There was no teleporting involved,
but it was delicious just the same.
Croque Monsieur avec...
pommes frites et aioli...
yummo.
and Parisian pistachio, raspberry and orange with chocolate
macaroons from Le Panier to take home.
ahh c'est magnifique!

Today's Labor Day activities involve yard work 
and painting screen doors
and cleaning the roof and... 
see a pattern here?
Somehow for us Labor Day is always about 'labor'!





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. :) I totally understand how you feel ~ i am also that way too sometimes when my mister has plans and i could have the time to work in my little studio! This really made me giggle. Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Great photos all around, and I know that you know how fortunate you are to be living by the very cool ciy of Seattle-and those food pics--oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love your new items. i haven't been to cafe campagne for ages. thanks for reminding me how much i need to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete